We are a small group of concerned citizens from various backgrounds who felt morally compelled to do something in the wake of the 2016 presidential election. So we started 3NoTrump, a volunteer-run weekly call-to-action website where we publish original and curated concrete actions people can take to combat the Trump administration.
We call ourselves 3NoTrump because each week we focus on 3 topics we call “the winning hand” of the resistance (and for you Bridge players out there, 3NoTrump is a standard bid — for our purposes, a winning bid).
If you’d like to join us, here are some ways you can get involved:
- Commit 5-10 minutes each week to make calls to your representatives (Research has shown this is one of the most effective forms of political action).
- Attend rallies, demonstrations, and local town hall events when you can (This has also been shown to be effective. There is a correlation between the size of crowds and the probability of legislation getting passed.)
- Sign up for our weekly newsletter here.
- Follow us on Facebook and help share our posts. We post weekly on Tuesdays/Wednesdays.
- Share your talents. We are looking for volunteers to help with the following:
- Web design: We are amateur WordPress users.
- Graphic design: We are amateur graphic designers — see our card graphics.
- Social media outreach: Our biggest following is on Facebook — we started out as a FB group — and we’d love help growing our presence on Twitter, Instagram, etc…
- Research: If you have an area of specific expertise (ex. immigration law, environmental policy) we welcome your input.
- If you have other ideas about how best to utilize this platform, we’d love to hear from you!
To contact us, send us a message on Facebook or use our contact form here.